S D Burman Songs Popular, Hit, Best Songs List
S D Burman or Sachin Dev Burman is one of India’s greatest music composer of all time. His melodies are timeless classics. He was related to the royal family of Tripura but still made his mark in the field of music with a successful career as music director spanning more than three decades. S D Burman also sang songs in hindi and bengali himself. One of his song Dheere sa aana bagiyan mein is a very famous old song and has been sung by himself and Kishore Kumar.
S D Burman’s evergreen songs have been sung by India’s top playback singers like Lata Mangeshkar, Mohammad Rafi, Kishore Kumar, Asha Bhosle and many other iconic singers. S D Burman had a very strong bond with Kishore Kumar and played a big role in his singing career. India’s iconic batsman Sachin Tendulkar was named after Sachin Dev Burman as Tendulkar’s father was an ardent fan of the genius composer.
His musical legacy was carried forward by his son R D Burman ( Click here for R D Burman Songs) who was an equally talented musician.
Here is a list of some of the best songs of the legendary composer S D Burman
- Mere Sapno Ki Rani song from the movie Aradhana starring Rajesh Khanna and Sharmila Tagore is a peppy evergreen romantic song of Indian Cinema. This song is composed by S D Burman,sung by exceptionally talented Kishore Kumar and lyrics are penned by one of the best lyricists of bollywood Anand Bakshi.
- Hai apna dil to awara is very famous song from the movie Solvah Saal starring Dev Anand and Waheeda Rehaman. A very romantic song composed by legend S D Burman and sung by great singer Hemant Kumar and lyrics are written by Majrooh Sultanpuri.
- Roop Tera Mastana is a sensuous romantic song form the movie Aradhna. Sung by great Kishore Kumar this song is a wonderful composition of S D Burman, lyrics of the song are penned by Anand Bakshi. This famous song was remixed as a pop song in 90’s in which playback singer Shaan lent his voice.
- Piya to se naina lage re is an absolute gem of song from the movie Guide starring Dev Anand and Waheeda Rehman. Sung melodiously by India’s most acclaimed playback singer Lata Mangeshkar. This song is a superb creation of the genius composer S D Burman. Lyrics are penned by Shailendra.
- Aaj phir jeene ki tamanna hai is another superhit song from the musical Guide. Sung by Lata Mangeshkar and composed by S D Burman the music of this movie speaks volumes of the great potential of S D Burman.Check our list of latest hindi songs of 2019 2020
- Hum aapki ankhon mein is a soft romantic duet song from the highly acclaimed movie Pyasa starring Guru Dutt and Mala Sinha. Simply great! this wonderful song composed by S D Burman is sung by versatile singer Mohammad Rafi and Geeta Dutt.
- Waqt ne kiya kya haseen sitam is a sad romantic song from Guru Dutt, Waheeda Rehaman starrer Kagaz ke Phool. This song is composed by S D Burman and exceptionally well by Geeta Dutt.
- Ek ladki bheegi bhaagi is a sweet romantic song form the movie Chalti ka Naam Gaadi starring the three Ganguly brothers Ashok Kumar, Kishore Kumar, Anoop Kumar and the beautiful Madhubala. One of the most popular romantic song sung by singer Kishore Kumar. The fabulous music is composed by legendary composer S D Burman.
- Dil ka bhawar kare pukar is a very romantic song from the movie Tere Ghar ke Samne starring Dev Anand and Nutan. This beautiful song is composed by talented composer S D Burman and sung exceptionally well by great singer Mohammad Rafi.
- Ye dil na hota bechara is a peppy romantic song from the movie Jewel Thief starring Dev Anand and Tanuja. A very melodious romantic track composed by great S D Burman and sung with full feelings by god gifted singer Kishore Kumar.
Follow our youtube channel for new hindi songs of 2018
- Khoya Khoya Chand is another hit song by the super hit combination of Dev Anand, S D Burman and Mohammad Rafi from the movie Kala Bazaar. The movie has Dev Anand and Waheeda Rehman and lead roles. Wonderful lyrics are written by Shailendra.
- Hum the aur thi wo is another fun song form the comedy movie Chalti Ka Naam Gadi. This peppy song is composed by Sachin Dev Burman and sung by talented Kishore Kumar in his own comic style. Funny romantic lyrics are written by legendary lyricist Majrooh Sultanpuri.
- Rangeela re is a melodious song from the movie Prem Pujari starring Dev Anand and Waheeda Rehman. This beautiful song is sung by most accomplished female playback singer Lata Mangeshkar. This wonderful melody is composed by S D Burman.
- Khilte hain gul yahan is a soothing romantic from the movie Sharmilee starring Shashi Kapoor and Rakhee. This song is one of Kishore Da’s best song too. Composed by highly acclaimed music director S D Burman this song is a treat for S D Burman and Kishore Kumar fans.
- Wahan kaun hai tera musafir is another great song from one of India’s best musical super hit movie Guide. This song is sung and composed by legendary S D Burman himself. This song comes as an opening song for the movie Guide with casting and titles.
- Ye laal rang is a sad romantic song from the movie Prem Nagar starring Rajesh Khanna and Hema Malini. Such a melodious song sung soulfully by great Kishore Kumar. This song is composed by supremely talented Sachin Dev Burman. Wonderful lyrics by gifted lyricist Anand Bakshi.
- Tum jiyo hazaro saal is an evergreen birthday song from the movie Sujata starring Sunil Dutt and Nutan. This song is composed by S D Burman and sung by versatile Asha Bhosle.
- Ye Duniya agar mil bhi jaye to kya hai is a classic song from the movie Pyasa starring Gurudutt, Waheeda Rehaman and Mala Sinha. One of Rafi’s best sad song ever that shows his range and class as the best singer country has ever seen. This timeless classic is composed by legendary S D Burman.
- Sa re ga ma song from the one the best comedy movie of hindi cinema, Chupke Chupke. This multi starrer movie has Dharmendra, Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bhaduri in lead roles ably supported by Om Prakash and Asrani. This light hearted song is composed by music magician S D Burman and sung by the two legends Kishore Kumar and Mohammad Rafi.
- Ankhon mein kya jee is a very melodious romantic duet song from the movie Nau Do Gyarah starring Dev Anand and Kalpana Kartik. This track is composed by great composer S D Burman and sung by most versatile playback singers Kishore Kumar and Asha Bhosle.